A Public Service Announcement! ;)

A Public Service Announcement! ;)

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Bestseller Status!

I'm not sure what this means, but as of 9:04 Mountain Time on May 20, 2010, Building Literacy Connections with Graphic Novels: Page by Page, Panel by Panel is listed in the "Bestseller" section of NCTE's books pages!

I have lots of things I want to say about this -- after all, it's been over 3 years since the book's publication, so I've had some time for reflection -- but I just ain't sure what to make of this.

Is this status ever-changing like Amazon'com's rankings (highest ranking I ever saw for BLCWGN:PBP,PNP?: 12,000)? Has the book been on the list for a while now, or did my ego search (hey, we've been sick at Casa Carter all week. I needed a pick-me-up) hit at the right time? I definitely think NCTE should send authors an e-mail once their book hits bestseller status if not.

Till I know more -- and I may just choose to remain blissfully ignorant on this -- I'll just consider this a happy accomplishment and leave it at that.

***Oh, one more thing: I haven't required the text for a course since Spring of 2009, so it's not just my students buying all these copies. ;)

***One more thing: That last statement reminds me that I should thank everyone who has purchased the book or used it in your classes. THANKS!!!!!!

2 comments:

Kevin Hodgson said...

I think the designation shows that folks are interested but not always sure how or where to begin, or how to frame the use of comics/graphic novels. Your book (did you see my review?)does a great job on those fronts. So, no surprise here that people are buying it and reading it.
Congrats!
Kevin

Bucky C. said...

I did see your review and almost posted it yesteday, in fact. :) Thanks for the words, here and there -- and for integrating a link!