A Public Service Announcement! ;)

A Public Service Announcement! ;)

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Hope Larson Adapting _A Wrinkle in Time_

Hope, you better get it right! That's one of my favoritist books ever, babe! From one North Carolinian to another, represent that thang, girl!

Anyway, funny how things sometimes come in bunches. The first part of the week saw me lamenting a lack of comics censorship cases for selfish reasons, only to unearth a bevvy of them. Today, it seems the theme is comics adaptations of prose work of all kind.

2 comments:

mj hollman said...

B - what a great collection of links. I especially was taken with the 100 page "assignment." There's a book there, isn't there? The Utah comic story is an odd one. I couldn't see anything in those drawings, but my eyes aren't trained for that perhaps.

Bucky C. said...

Yeah, I like the page 100 idea too. Would be neat to see NCTE get behind something like that. As for the Utah story, very strange indeed. They blurred out the "controverial" elements, though they really didn't have to.