A Public Service Announcement! ;)

A Public Service Announcement! ;)

Saturday, January 23, 2010

"Hablando de Comics con Dr. Carter"

Today I had the pleasure of videoconferencing with several comics artists at the U.S. Consulate in Ciudad Juarez, Mexico. The artists will soon be making comics for the people of Mexico and asked me to speak about the traditions associated with comic arts and social issues. We chatted for a full two hours, and I absolutely enjoyed my time with them.

Thanks to the artists, the consulate, and the folks at UTEP who helped set up the technology. And to the fine artists: Take pride in the work you will do and be the difference you want to see! Salud! :)

1 comment:

"A Drinker with a Writing Problem..." said...

Sorry I couldn't make it, but I will be at the symposium with the crew, rockin and rollin with the best of them!