A Public Service Announcement! ;)

A Public Service Announcement! ;)

Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Bucky + EE = Buckeye

If I ever decide to apply for a position in English Education (EE) at Ohio State, that's how I'm going to begin or end my application. And with money pouring into their Cartooning Library and Collection, it might be a great fit (not that I'm not completely happy with my UTEP gig. In fact, I'd like to start a Cartooning library/museum there of our own). Jean Schulz just gave 1 million bucks to the collection, with the possibility of more monies to come:

The Ohio State University received a gift of $1 million from Jean Schulz, the widow of Peanuts creator Charles M. Schulz to support the renovation of Sullivant Hall, the future home of the world’s most comprehensive academic research facility dedicated to documenting printed cartoon art.

Along with her generous gift, Mrs. Schulz issued a challenge: She will provide an additional matching gift of $2.5 million if Ohio State raises the same amount from other sources, making the total impact of her gift $6 million....

Get the full scoop here.

No comments: