A Public Service Announcement! ;)

A Public Service Announcement! ;)

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Phew! What a Night! Lawler, Portillo, Nitz, ETC Rock the House!

Thanks to my guests and to the great crowd for tonight's "El Paso in the Comics" event. Hopefully we can do more events like it in the future. I collected many business cards and samples and will look over each one in due time. I want to give a special thanks to those who had to do some border crossing to get there and who were very kind not to correct my Spanish when I said "Gracias para su ayuda" when I should have said "Gracias para su trabaja" or something that more directly translated into "thank you for your work."

I'm tuckered out, so I'll write more on it later. If you see Lawler, Portillo, and nitz at the bar tonight, buy'em a drink! Nitz'll take a vodka and redbull.

7 comments:

Sean said...

Sounds like a great affair. Congrats!

Changolion Comics said...

Last night's presentation was inspirational. I am very glad to see Lawler come back to comics, I was finally able to get ahold of a copy of Gabriel stright from the author's hands and of course Nitz provided valuable insights in what to do and what's coming up in comics. Not to mention that other creators from the Juarez- El Paso area were there. Thank you for opening this space Mr. Carter, it is the beginning of something new in the ongoing story of borderland comics.

Sincerely
Serge-em
changolion.com

656 Comics said...

Gracias por su trabajo Doctor Carter.
Saludos desde Juarez.

Bucky C. said...

Thanks for the kind words, friends.

"A Drinker with a Writing Problem..." said...

Thanx for the invite and of course for your hospitality when we were there!

And don't forget to hitup our Heavy Metal signing this coming Feb 28th!

You rock Doc!

Ray

Anonymous said...

Dr. Carter,
Thanks so much for hosting this wonderful event. It's good to know we have a comics fan who has infiltrated the University.

Justin Carmona
Main Editor
Project4 Studios

Anonymous said...

I had a great time Dr. Carter. And it was finally nice to meet you. After all those e-mails back and forth, it was about time we met. I was surprised by the huge turn out. The cool thing about it was that there were many people out there who weren't exactly comic book fans. You put on a great conference and I hope there are more to come. Thanks again.

Jaime "Jimmy" Portillo