A Public Service Announcement! ;)

A Public Service Announcement! ;)

Tuesday, January 06, 2009

SuperHero ABC Reviewed

As the title implies, this is an alphabet book with each letter represented by a unique super-person, not necessarily anyone we'd know, but the concept is very cool (and similar to something I've been cooking up for a little while now [See my article "Super Heroes and Word Study" in Classroom Notes Plus 25.4 from last summer]). Rebecca Buchanan offers her thoughts on the text.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

http://encarta.msn.com/dictionary_/abecedarian.html

So, a reader/compiler/afficianado of this new book has a "name."
In a NYT book review just b/f Christmas I encountered the word "abecedary" (sp, I think, correct) and guessed from context it meant a text like this one - - or the New England Primer, et al. But, this noun is the only one I can find in a very limited search.

I love the way the letters make up the word!

Happy New Year. Marilyn