A Public Service Announcement! ;)

A Public Service Announcement! ;)

Monday, November 27, 2006

Welcome!

Welcome to Bucky's EN/SANE World! If you've known me for a while, you know the title fits. If you're just coming to know me, you'll know soon enough.

This is my bungalow for sharing information about my academic interests and pursuits. I am currently finishing up my Ph.D. in English Education at the University of Virginia. I also currently teach English and English Education classes at The University of Southern Mississippi.

My interests include the field of English Education, Young Adult Literature, Reading and Multiple Literacies, and Critical Pedagogy. My area of expertise is in comics and graphic novels and the intersections they have with the above.

My desire is to use this blog as resource for those with similar interests and for those who are "fortunate" enough to be my students.

As I develop the blog, I'll be posting more and more about myself, sharing a bit about my work, adding links to important sites, and maybe even asking for individuals to do some posting too.

Check in often, and welcome to my world!

Sincerely,
JBC

No comments: